Senate Palace ( the former headquarters of the Central Committee of the RCP ) is a building in Revolution Square in Bucharest. History of the palace started in 1912 , with increasing administrative apparatus of the Ministry of Interior. Minister Alexander Marghiloman necessary capacity required a report of a head covering Central Administration , the General Inspectorate of the Gendarmerie Rural Permanent Administrative Council , Directorates General of Health Services and Prisons . In 1927 Minister Goga appoint architects and Lucia Horia Creanga to handle building plans and over other 11, on July 4 , 1938, Charles II issued Decree Law no. 2397 for authorization to construct Palace Interior Ministry . Also in 1938 , he was appointed chief architect Architectural Interior Ministry , Paul SmÄƒrÄƒndescu for the preparation of plans , decisions , specifications and technical management of building works designed for the Interior Ministry, meaning it performs the necessary documentation Berlin and Bratislava. [1 ] . In 1939 the Ministry of Interior has submitted to the House of deposit amount of Â£ 20.69 million for land and construction. The work has stalled because of the war , the palace was completed under the direction of engineer Emil Prager and put into the Ministry in 1950 , followed in 1958 to house the Central Committee of the Romanian Communist Party . After 1989 it became the seat of the Senate to move it in Parliament House in 2004. Today the building houses the offices of the Ministry of Interior. The lateral bodies are the Ministry of Health (right) and Labor (left) . The building has a special historical significance , from the balcony above the entrance held Nicolae Ceausescu , the communist leader of Romania , the last speech on December 21, 1989 , in an attempt to quell the unrest following the population of Timisoara , and a few hours later on helicopter lifted off the roof of this building Ceausescu and his wife , trying to escape the effects of the uprising that had begun.